RASPADOK.RU > ,

, . . , ,

04.03.2019, 15:58   #1
elaine95

: 23.01.2019
: 39
 ding to a 2-on-1 with Nelson and Bailey

TAMPA Chris Kunitz Jersey Womens , Fla. (AP) The Tampa Bay Lightning stormed back in the Eastern Conference final against the Washington Capitals, thanks in part to a thriving power play and suddenly reliable penalty-killing unit.To regain control of the best-of-seven matchup that continues Saturday night, the Caps need a lift from their special teams, too.The series is tied 2-2, Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. It doesnt matter how you got there.Tampa Bay, which has taken two straight in a series in which the home team has yet to win, believes it hasnt played its best.Washington was dominant in winning twice on the road, then sputtered particularly on the Alex Ovechkin-led power play while dropping the next two games at home.I think we look at it realistically, Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. I mean, I said to everybody in September, even yesterday Womens Luke Kunin Jersey , and theyre saying the same thing: Sign me up. Best-of-three, got a chance to maybe go to the Stanley Cup Final, sign me up.I dont think anybody thought the series would go four straight or anything like that. Theres two really high-quality teams that are going to go nose-to-nose, Trotz added. Theres twists and turns in the road sometimes. Its just another layer of adversity. This group has taken on any adversity that has been thrown its way all year.Since yielding three power-play goals in the first two games of the series, two of them in the closing seconds of a period, the Lightning have gone 7-for-7 killing penalties over the past two games.Not bad for a team that had one of the most potent power plays (third, 23.9 percent) in the NHL during the regular season, while also ranking among the leagues worst at killing penalties (28th, 76.1 percent).Lightning captain Steven Stamkos has a power-play goal in each of the first four games of the conference final.Six of his seven goals this postseason have come in man-advantage situations, including his franchise-best 11th career playoff power-play goal (snapping a tie with Martin St. Louis) in Game 4 on Thursday night.Desperation. Realizing how important it is, especially in this series against the group that they have Marcus Foligno Jersey , Stamkos said of the improved play on the penalty kill.It starts with the goaltending, and then it starts with guys willing to sacrifice. I think its been a challenge, Stamkos added. When the power play is going well like we are, the PK wants to step up and be just as good, and vice versa when its the other way. Its been a lot of fun to watch.Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 36 of 38 shots in Game 4. He has bounced back nicely since allowing 10 goals over five periods in the first two games.Center Nicklas Backstrom, who returned to Washingtons lineup Thursday night after missing four games with a hand injury, thinks the Capitals need to create more traffic in front of the Lightning goaltender.Hes actually too good of a goalie if youre going to shoot from outside with no traffic, so maybe we can get some more traffic and find these rebounds like we did the first couple of games, Backstrom said.We have pretty good chances. We just dont execute, Ovechkin said after the Washington power play was shut out for the second straight game. We tried. We had so (many) shots, and we just didnt score one more goal.But just as Tampa Bay embraced the challenge of battling its way back into the series after losing Games 1 and 2 http://www.minnesotawildteamshops.co...t-dumba-jersey , the Capitals are excited about the opportunity ahead, beginning Saturday night.Not only is Washington is 7-1 on the road this postseason, but the Caps went on eliminate Columbus in the first round and Pittsburgh in the conference semifinal in six games after those series were each tied at 2.I think weve played three out of the four games pretty well, Trotz said. Im not disappointed at all.The Lightning are confident, too.Clearly home-ice advantage has been a disadvantage in this series, Cooper said. Now, in saying that, Id rather have Game 5 at home. I believe well be a different team here than we showed up in Game 1 and 2. NEW YORK (AP) So much for all that talk about the New York Islanders situation in goal.Thomas Greiss and Robin Lehner have formed a pretty solid tandem so far.Greiss made 35 saves for his first shutout of the season, and the Islanders beat the New Jersey Devils 3-0 on Saturday night for their fifth straight win.We feed off that, forward Josh Bailey said. When he and Lehner are on, it adds so much confidence to our team.It was Greiss ninth career shutout. Dating to Oct. 28 Mikael Granlund Jersey , Greiss has allowed just four goals on 114 shots.Its going well and everyone is happy and enjoying hockey right now, he said.Jordan Eberle, Brock Nelson and Scott Mayfield scored for New York (8-4-1), which improved to 6-0-0 against the Metropolitan Division this season. Bailey had two assists to extend his point streak to eight games.When you get on these streaks as a team and individually you want to ride them for as long as you can, Bailey said. But its about staying even keel and not thinking too much about it, and preparing the same way you do every game.Despite losing for the sixth time in seven games, the Devils (5-5-1) left Barclays Center feeling positive about their performance.Theres plenty of season left, said Keith Kinkaid, who had 30 saves. Were just going through a little (stretch). Everything is a learning curve.We have to keep sticking at it.The Devils came up empty on two early power-play chances before the Islanders grabbed the lead on Eberles power-play goal 7:43 into the game. With Jean-Sebastien Dea in the box for hooking Adam Pelech, Eberle tapped in Anders Lees rebound for his fourth of the season, and third in New Yorks last three games.I had quite a few chances again Youth Mikko Koivu Jersey , Eberle said. So you want to try and maintain (the) things youre having success with.New Jersey outshot New York 35-33 for the game, but the Islanders were 1 for 4 on the power play and killed all four man advantages for the Devils.Wed almost take that game than playing (poorly) and winning, New Jersey star Taylor Hall said. Sometimes you have to go through (a stretch) during a season and find your game. Find an example of how you need to play night in and night out. And sometimes results are going to come, and sometimes youre going to play like I said (poorly) and win. Right now well take the way we played.Neither team was able develop any traction offensively in a stop-and-start second period, with the best chance being Halls semi-breakaway at 8:06 that Greiss knocked away.We didnt get any bounces, New Jersey coach John Hynes said.The third was a mirror image of the second, although New York did generate seven shot attempts in a 52-second span after Lee forced a Hall turnover.Nelson got his team-leading seventh goal of the season with 4:54 left. The sequence began with Nick Leddy blocking a Mirco Mueller shot, leading to a 2-on-1 with Nelson and Bailey.Mayfields empty-netter ended the scoring.I really liked our second and I really liked our third, New York coach Barry Trotz said. I really like our mindset.NOTES: Following New Yorks optional skate, Trotz said LW Matt Martin would miss the game with an upper-body injury. Martin was replaced in the lineup by Ross Johnston. The Islanders sent reserve goaltender Christopher Gibson to Bridgeport of the American Hockey League. New Jersey put RW Stefan Noesen on injured reserve with an upper-body injury and activated RW Drew Stafford from IR. Devils LW Brett Seney made his NHL debut. The 157th pick in the 2015 draft was called up from the minors on Friday. New York D Johnny Boychuk played in his 600th NHL game.UP NEXTDevils: Visit Pittsburgh on Monday night.Islanders: Host Montreal on Monday night.
elaine95   

« | »

: 1 (: 0 , : 1)

HTML .

GMT +10, : 18:54.

- "" - -